There are plenty of instructions on how to achieve this, so I don’t intend to create another set. I just thought it was appropriate to capture the reasons for this move:-
- GitHub pages allows you to write in Markdown, which I find much easier than WordPress’ HTML, even with the WYSIWYG editor.
- You can more easily write posts off-line, as they’re just text files that you push into Git when you want to publish.
- I could freely use my own URL rather than one containing wordpress.com, allowing me to migrate the blog again in future, if I were so to choose.
- I thought that it looked nicer.
- I had some time on the train to-and-from work and learning something new is always interesting.
So, that’s it for this bit of WordPress. I hope you will amble over to http://goochgooch.co.uk to see if there’s anything new (not that I post particularly often…).